Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doctor Visits

I guess that the girls had to both get sick one more time before the weather gets to nice...
Friday night I went out with the girls to play BINGO - the night started off great - I won $30 yippee - we went out for pizza after and then headed home. When I got home Jaselyn was sleeping but Ryan thought that we should wake her up to give her another dose of ibuprofen, he had taken her temp before she went to bed and it was above 100 but not time to give her more meds. Good thing we did because I felt her head and she was burning up -I took her temp and it was 103.7. I didn't think that our thermometer was working so I took it again - 103.5! Then Ryan said 'maybe the thermometer does not work take your own' OK - sounds good to me...98.8. I guess that means it does work. So i called the Mayo Nurse line to see what to do - it had been years since I had had a child with that high of temperature. Eventually after triaging me she said that we had to bring her in within 4 hours. So Ryan stayed home with Brynn and Jaselyn and I headed up to the ER - I was surprised that we got in fairly fast and that the doctor came into the room fairly fast - i think that it was a new record for our family! They decided to do a chest x-ray and found that she has pneumonia - they put her on some antibiotics and we headed home. I had not been up till 3 am in a coons age (but I guess that I felt better than I ever had the morning after staying up that late ~ though really tired!) - she is doing much better now,and her fever was gone by Sunday afternoon....on to the next child... Brynn woke up from her nap at daycare with a slight fever and crabby as all get out on Monday. She also had a really red cheek - I decided that instead of waiting till midnight, I would drop Jaselyn off at home with Ryan and take Brynn to the Urgent Care in Austin while it was still open. I thought that she possibly had a sinus infection - again we got taken to an exam room almost right away - again record time - the doctor examined her looked in one ear and then the next and said 'this one is a lot more infected that that one was' What! Ear infection - i did not even expect it - although I should have, she has been prone to them. Brynn never has the "Classic" signs of an ear infection, she never pulls at her ears or says that they hurt. I think that this kid has a high toleration to pain or something - she must get that from her mom! So my refrigerator is looking like a small pharmacy these days! Hopefully they will be all better by the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment